Friday 15 August 2008

Mmmmmm's

When we were little, we loved biscuits that we called "Mmmm's". I think they were Viennese Whirls but were loosely in the shape of an 'm' - hence our name for them!!! They were a treat and must have been quite expensive (compared to the family sized bucket of shop's own bourbons.) I have tried to re-create them as I haven't been able to buy them. Unfortunately I didn't have a large enough nozzle to make an 'M' shape so made a sort of swirly blob. They almost taste the same (I may need to practice a few more times !!) but I didn't have unsalted butter so made with salted and you can just about taste the salt - but they still taste yummy...Mmmmmmm!!!

2 comments:

Lizyloo said...

i just told poodle about these and he said they were yummy and had a very carmel/sugary taste. He said Borbons were his faves.
you are very clever i love the look of these mmmmmmmm's
I've just made up some shortbreads - we are baking in sync!!
xx

Poodle said...

I said they had a 'slight' caramal taste ;o) I couldn't quite put my finger on it though, but they were different to other 'biscuit' type tastes.
And although I hinted, I haven't seen any borbons coming out of that oven yet!!