Wednesday 13 August 2008

A good cup of Coffee

I love a cup of coffee in the morning. If I was working from home I'd have one at my desk, and if I'd gone into the office again, I'd grab one to have at my desk. Then I would get caught up in e-mails, phone calls, customer issues, staff queries etc and I'd have a half a cup of cold coffee sitting there and not really remember drinking any of it.

We bought a coffee machine at home - one of those trendy expensive ones where you add a new 'pod' for each cup. It was rubbish. A number of problems with it

1. very expensive to buy

2. didn't get water hot enough

3. coffee tasted awful

4. you could only make one cup at a time (pain if you have 4-6 people round for coffee)

5. 'pods' were expensive

So we got rid of it and bought a relatively cheap coffee filter machine. Fantastic. Great coffee everytime from 1 cup to 10+.

Now I am at home with Belle I make a point of sitting down and having a cup of coffee (a big cup and saucer) without (too many!) interruptions. Bliss.

2 comments:

Lizyloo said...

Yummy I LOVE my coffee also.

What brand is your coffee machine? I might get us one in, I love the kitchen aid ones, more the look of them but they are very expensive and I don't know if they are any good.

I might look into something similar to yours.

Chat soon

xo

Poodle said...

I've never known anyone who can drink so much coffee and also sleep so much!!