Friday 3 October 2008

fantastic home-made roasted Cashew Nuts

We love cashew nuts but they are a tad expensive so just for treats, and I always buy a really big tub at Christmas. Last week we went to a local Oriental Supermarket and I bought a large bag of unroasted cashew nuts (I only needed a handful for my dish but they were quite reasonable so thought I would keep and store them). I'm not sure whether the nuts are actually raw (as I once heard or read that there is something poisonous about the cashew nut uncooked) but anway they were in a 'raw' seeming state. Anway I decided to have a go at roasting some, which was so successful I did the whole lot!!!


Spread 'raw' cashew nuts out on a baking tray.


Roast in oven for a few minutes turning every so often (you need to keep a close eye as timings vary). Take out and allow to cool a bit.
Drizzle with Olive Oil and add salt. Store.
They are absolutely delicious and this was you also control the amount of salt on them. The only problem is, will they last til Christmas. (I think not, as jar has been half emptied already!).

1 comment:

Poodle said...

Nice idea.
If you find a good recipe for emulating KPs dry roasted peanuts then let me know. Just can't get them over here and I love 'em!!